Friday, May 14, 2010

Butter Finger Cake


I am always on the lookout for an easy and tasty dessert recipe.  I have a few that I always go to... but I am excited to be building my repertoire.  I got this recipe off Kelly's Food Blog.  It did not disappoint!  I only had a tiny piece (my small attempt at a wedding diet)... but all my friends at work said it was wonderful!!

Butterfinger Cake
-1 box yellow cake mix (and all the ingredients to make the cake)
-1 jar caramel sauce
-1 can sweetened condensed milk
-1 tub whipped cream
-3 or 4 Butterfinger candy bars, crumbled (I used the food processor)

Prepare the yellow cake as instructed on the box.

Just before the cake finishes baking mix the caramel sauce and sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl.

After you remove the cake from the oven... while it is still hot... poke holes all over the cake with a fork. Then pour the caramel mix over the cake.  On top of the caramel mix sprinkle the crumbled Butterfinger bars.

Allow the cake to cool completely, you can put it in the refrigerator.  Just before serving, spread the cool whip on top of the cake.
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment