Alright... first things first... the Thank You notes are done! Yay!! They are in the mail... I am so excited!! Now hopefully I will have more time to cook and blog!! There are so many things I have to write about... so buckle up... this is going to be a fun ride!!
Now for my recipe this week... I chose to make a dessert so I could use my new favorite "tool" (thanks mom and dad!). Patrick is a little jealous because I got this "tool"... he is now trying to figure out what kind of project we need to do around the apartment so he can get a new tool too.
I am in love!! It makes things so easy! My arm no longer gets tired from holding the little beaters as the hand mixer toils trying to make it through thick batters! I can't wait to try so many new recipes!!!
This recipe came from my family cookbook... it is one of my Mackie's favorites... and it is one of Patrick's new favorites. He said it was the best dessert I have made for him thus far... but he may be a little biased.
Chocolate Pound Cake
-1 cup butter (2 sticks)
-1/2 cup Crisco
-3 cups sugar
-5 eggs
-1T. Vanilla
-3 cups flour
-1/2t. salt
-1/2t. baking powder
-1 cup milk
-4T. Cocoa
-Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
-Cream butter and Crisco, add sugar. Mix until creamy.
-Add the eggs, one at a time. Mixing in between. Add vanilla.
-Sift the dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder.
(Make sure you sift the ingredients... Thanks for the bowl Ms. Kliefoth!)
-Now it gets a little tricky... so read carefully... Alternate adding part of the dry mixture and part of the milk to the mixed ingredients... make sure you start and end with the dry ingredients.
-Add the 4T. of cocoa, make sure to blend it well.
-Pour the mixture into a well greased tube pan (I had no idea it was called a tube pan... I always just called it a pound cake pan). Make sure it is well greased so the cake does not stick. I recommend Pam for baking... or any other spray made specifically for baking... this helps because they add flour.
-Bake for 60-80 minutes (I usually bake mine for about 65 minutes then start checking them).
-Cool on a cooling rack... enjoy!
I am excited to get back to Foodie Friday... hope you enjoy this delicious cake!






No comments:
Post a Comment