A few weeks ago Patrick got to go to the Auburn vs Clemson game with some friends. I wanted to make sure I made him a very spirited dessert to take to the tailgate.
Patrick and Anna, our sweet flower girl
Getting ready for the game...
I decided to venture into unfamiliar territory... ORANGE. I searched lots of different websites... I ended up combining a few recipes... it turned out very well... and very ORANGE!
Orange Velvet Pound Cake
1 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening (Crisco)
3 cups granulated sugar
7 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup shortening (Crisco)
3 cups granulated sugar
7 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon yellow food coloring
1/2 teaspoon red food coloring1/4t salt
1 to 1.5 teaspoons orange extract (I used 1 but I think I will use 1.5 next time)
1 to 1.5 teaspoons orange extract (I used 1 but I think I will use 1.5 next time)
3 cups flour
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease your bundt pan (I recommend Pam for baking)
Cream together butter, shortening, and sugar.
Add eggs, one at a time, mixing between each egg. Then add milk, food coloring, salt, and orange extract. Mix well.
Mix flour in a little at the time until it is all mixed.
Bake at 325 degrees for an 1 hour and 25 minutes.
This cake is so good! Patrick and I went back and forth about whether or not this cake was better than the chocolate pound cake...
I'm still not a big fan of ORANGE... but I am a fan of this cake... Go Dawgs!







No comments:
Post a Comment