I found this recipe when I was reading Kelly's blog. I knew Brittany would be coming soon so I thought it would be the perfect time to try it out... Chili's salsa is her favorite! The recipe is super easy... although the first time I made it I filled my chopper too full so I made a big mess!
CHILI'S SALSA
Ingredients:
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can tomatoes and green chilies
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can whole canned tomatoes (plus the juice)
4 teaspoons jalapenos (canned, diced, not pickled)
1/4 cup yellow onion (diced)1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon sugar
This is not on the recipe but I added: cilantro and juice from 1/2 lime
1. In food processor place jalapenos (optional) and onion and process for just a few seconds.
2. Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, sugar, cumin,cilantro and lime juice.
3. Process all ingredients until well blended but do not puree.
4. Place in covered container and chill.
5. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!
Finished product...
I found that it gets better with time... all the flavors really melt together as it chills in the fridge for a few days. It is really Yummy!!!
I also tried these chips from Target... they are WONDERFUL!





One more thing...I might steal the idea for "Foodie Friday." Just so you know.
ReplyDelete"Foodie Friday"! Such a cute idea. Also, I cannot wait to try this! See you tonight!
ReplyDelete