Friday, August 21, 2009

Foodie Friday Fiesta Egg Bake

I tried this recipe for the first time this week.. it is very quick and easy. It is great for when you have company spend the night and need a quick fix for breakfast.

Fiesta Egg Bake

Ingredients:

*Note the pineapple is not needed for the recipe... it just happened to be on the counter when I took the picture*


-6 large eggs
-1/2 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/8 teaspoon black pepper
-1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
-1 cup (4oz) shredded Cheddar cheese
-Bacon

In a bowl combine eggs, cream, salt and pepper... beat until smooth and well blended. Stir in green chilies. Grease a 1 quart baking dish. Sprinkle cheese and bacon over the bottom of the prepared baking dish then pour the egg mixture over the cheese.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 325 degrees. If desired broil for a few minutes to brown the top.
Serves 4-6.

The finished product...


This recipe along with many more I plan to share came from a wonderful family cookbook my mom and cousin put together. They gathered recipes from all the women (and some of the men) on my mom's side of the family. I didn't appreciate it at the time but there is something so special about being able to cook the foods that remind me so much of my loved ones. I think it's safe to say that it is my favorite cookbook. Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment