Friday, November 20, 2009

Foodie Friday: Crockpot Turkey

So, cooking a whole turkey makes me pretty nervous!  I have found a wonderfully easy way to make a moist and tender turkey with great flavor... and you don't even have to check on it every 30 minutes!  It is also good if you are only feeding a few people... not as much left over at the end.

The only problem... when I made it a few weeks ago I forgot to take pictures... but now worries, it is so easy you don't need any pictures.

Crockpot Turkey
Ingredients:

-1 Turkey Breast, thawed
-1 "box" of Chicken broth
-1 large Crockpot
-Butter (optional)

Place the thawed turkey breast in the crockpot.  If you are feeling especially Paula Deen like, you can rub some butter all over the bird... I didn't do this and it turned out fine.

Pour the whole box of broth into the crockpot.  Put the lid on and cook on low for about 8 hours.

That's it... I'm serious... and the meat is so tender.  It is an wonderful and no stress way to make turkey.

A few hints... make sure your crockpot is big enough (mine was almost too small)... I would turn it off for a few minutes before you try to carve it... the turkey is very very hot!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Next Friday I will feature a soup recipe that utilizes that leftover turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment