Friday, November 27, 2009

Foodie Friday: Wild Rice Soup

This is another one of my mom's recipes.  It actually calls for chicken... but a few weeks ago when I made my turkey breast I had a bunch left over, so I used turkey, and it was wonderful!!  This a a great way to use some of those leftovers in a different way... it's also great since it is about to get cold.


Wild Rice Soup
Ingredients:

-1 small onion, chopped
-1 cup shredded carrots
-5 cups water
-1 (6.2 oz) package fast cooking long-grain wild rice mix
-1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped broccoli
-2 cups chopped turkey or chicken
-1 (8 oz.) loaf Velveeta
-1 can cream of chicken soup


Saute onion and carrots in a greased Dutch oven over medium heat.


Add 5 cups water, seasoning packet from rice, broccoli, and chicken or turkey.  Bring to a boil and stir in rice; reduce heat, cover and cook for 5 minutes.


Add cheese and soup; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until cheese melts.  Serve immediately.



No comments:

Post a Comment