Friday, September 25, 2009

Foodie Friday Brownie Trifle



Among my family and friends this dish is not usually called "brownie trifle"... but I thought I should give you the back-story before I tell you the real name.

The story goes something like this...My mom brought this dessert to a covered dish supper at the church one Sunday night. As the night was wrapping up, the pastor picked up her empty trifle dish and asked, "who brought this 'bucket of sin'?" My mom raised her hand and he told her he wanted the recipe, it was that good. So ever since then, we have called this decadent dessert "Bucket of Sin." Enjoy!


Bucket of Sin



Ingredients:
-1 brownie mix- 13x9 Family size
-Eggs and Oil to make the brownies (check the brownie box to see how you need)
-1 large box of instant Chocolate pudding
-3 cups cold milk (to make pudding)
-1 large tub of whipped topping
-1 Heath bar crumbled OR 1 bag Heath bar topping (found in chocolate chip aisle)

Prepare the brownies and pudding according to the package instructions. Let the brownies cool completely.

In a trifle bowl or large container layer: half the brownies, then half the pudding, then half the whipped topping-- then repeat.
On the top layer of whipped topping sprinkle the Heath bar pieces

You can also make individual portions in clear cups or wine glasses. Layer each ingredient just like you would in the bigger dish.



Here are examples of both sizes... I wanted to make them both in pretty trifle type dishes... but the crazy weather in Atlanta this week made me a little too busy!

Brittany did a Foodie Friday recipe today too...Spicy Chicken and Black Bean chili... yum!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. We made a similar dessert!! Yours looks yummy! It is a bucket of sin to eat stuff like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this sounds amazing! I'll definitely be making this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see where it got it's name ;-)

    ReplyDelete