Friday, October 9, 2009

Food Friday Tailgate 1-2-3 dip



This week Kelly's Show Us Your Life is about Tailgating traditions... mine is a little different than most. When your work for for a 24/7 business you often have to do things creatively. So for the last two years we have had a "tailgate" at the work near the start of football season. Everyone brings their favorite tailgate foods and wears their team colors. We always have quite the spread... and everyone has so much fun!!

This is part of our food this year... yum!

One of my dishes... and my representation of school spirit! Go Dawgs!

If you want to read more about my love for Georgia football... take a look at some of my "Football" posts (look in the categories to the right)... I do one each week! I love football season!

Now on to the Foodie Friday part of this post... I have chosen the dip I made for the tailgate. I got the recipe from the Perpetual Newlyweds blog during Boomama's Diptacular. It was wonderful and the recipe is so easy to remember!

1-2-3 Dip

Ingredients:


-1lb sausage
-2 cans of Rotel
-3 blocks of Cream Cheese

-Brown the sausage
-Then place the sausage along with Rotel (I didn't drain it) and cream cheese into a crock pot.
-If you are going to need it quickly cook on High... but I let it cook on low for several hours-- it will take a little bit for the cream cheese to melt
-Stir the dip every 10-15 minutes so it does not burn or get hotspots.




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I have a UK cake pan!! Love these pics and the food look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also do the dip with Velveeta cheese, and it's SO good! :)

    ReplyDelete