Friday, October 30, 2009

Foodie Friday Easy Apple Tart

This week I am celebrating the Pioneer Woman... and the fact that her cookbook came out Tuesday.  For anyone in my area... she will be in Atlanta on December 7th signing the book... yay!!!

I am also celebrating all the Publix ads on the radio saying that right now apples are at the peak of season.  I thought I should give you a very tasty and easy way to enjoy them.

And well, if I am being totally honest... I did have another thing planned for this week.  However, some stuff came up in North Carolina that changed our plans a bit... so I was not able to make what I was thinking about.  Now that I am home, I have discovered that I am WAY behind on unpacking and laundry and this one was already basically done... so that is the real reason I chose this recipe.

Easy Apple Tart
-From the Pioneer Woman... if you want to see her version with lots more pictures go here

Ingredients:

-3 to 4 apples
-1 sheet frozen puffed pastry
-Juice from 1/2 lemon
-1 cup brown sugar
-1/4 tsp. salt

Let the puff pastry thaw for about 20 minutes, then unfold (it is usually a tri-fold)

Preheat oven to 415 degrees

Cut the sheet in half long wise (you can cut it into thirds if you want less puff on the sides)

Spray a pan/cookie sheet with non-stick spray and place the two pieces of pastry onto the greased pan (I recommend using a pan that has raised sides... because sometimes liquid bubbles up... and I almost caught my oven on fire by using a flat cookie sheet)

Core each of the apples, then cut them in half (from top to bottom), next slice the apples as thinly as you can... place the apple slices in a bowl

Add the brown sugar, salt and lemon juice to the bowl of apples- stir the mixture, then let it sit for a few minutes so the flavors can start working together

Lay the apples in a straight line going down the puffed pastry, overlap them as you go

Bake for 18-20 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden brown

After you pull the tarts from the oven you can even sprinkle them with powdered sugar... YUM!


So pick up some fall apples and make these super easy tarts... thanks Pioneer Woman... I can't wait to try more of the recipes in your cookbook!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment