This is another recipe from my family cookbook. Special thanks to my Great Aunt Carolyn. It makes a ton... so I usually eat some, put some in the fridge for leftovers, and put a few servings in the freezer. I love to bring it out on cold rainy days like today... just thaw and enjoy... yum yum!! And yes, I did thaw some out today... that's what gave me the idea to post if for Foodie Friday!
Hamburger Veggie Soup
Ingredients:
-1lb Ground Beef... Ground Chuck or whatever is on sale
-1 small onion, diced
-1 large can diced OR crushed tomatoes (use diced if you want a chunky soup)
-1 can Creamed Corn
-1 can Mixed veggies
-1 can Rotel Tomatoes
-1 can Spanish Rice... yes, I said a can of rice... you find it in the ethnic foods aisle... it can be hard to find... so I usually substitute the Uncle Ben's 90 sec Spanish Rice
-3 small cans V8 Juice- which equals about 16 oz
Brown the ground beef and onion in a large sauce pan... drain the grease from the meat
Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
I love this soup! I does have a little kick of spice... so watch out if you do not like spicy foods.
If you are looking for an easy breakfast idea... Little B posted a recipe for making pancake mix! I can't wait to try this!





No comments:
Post a Comment