Friday, April 23, 2010

Chicken Salad

This isn't really a recipe... I'm just going to give you some on my favorite tips for making a wonderful chicken salad!  I love chicken salad and I am so excited I finally figured out some tricks.

First...
The food chopper or food processor is key... it quickly chops the chicken into pieces that are small enough for the salad.

Second...
To cut calories... use plain yogurt instead of a ton of mayonnaise.  I still use a little mayo for flavor... but the I mainly use the yogurt to hold the salad together.  Some people say I'm crazy... but I also like to add a little mustard, it gives the salad a great flavor.

Third...
Add some goodies... this particular day I added celery, pecans, and Craisins.  A little crunch... and a little punch of flavor.

I love this recipe... I hope you do too!
On a sidenote... engagement pictures... coming soon!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment