I have been trying to eat healthier so I can shed a few pounds before the wedding. I am loosely following the Weight Watchers model. This is one of my favorite recipes... they say it is only 6 points... but I think it may be a few more... but still an all around good dinner.
Weight Watchers Pizza
-1 refrigerated pizza crust
-1lb lean ground meat (beef or turkey)
-1 can Italian Style diced tomatoes
-6oz shredded mozarella
-Any other veggies you want... I usually add mushrooms
Brown the meat and drain... return to the pan.
Add the tomatoes (and any other veggies) to the pan- I usually try to saute the veggies a little first.
Heat the meat and tomatoes until they are warmed through.
While the mixture is warming... spray a 13x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray... then roll out the pizza dough in the dish... push it into the bottom and about halfway up the sides
Dump the meat tomato mixture into the prepared 13x9 dish
Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes... sprinkle the cheese on top and bake another 5 minutes.
This makes 6 servings... it is so yummy!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment