Friday, February 12, 2010

Foodie Friday: Poppy Seed Chicken

OK... so needless to say this week has been CRAZY!!!  And now they are forecasting SNOW for today... granted it is only 1 inch or so... but in Atlanta people go crazy over just a little... so today's recipe is short and sweet.  Remember it's Freezable February...

Poppy Seed Chicken
-1 pkg boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1 can cream of mushroom soup
-1 medium size tub sour cream (I think 16 oz)
-1 sleeve "Ritz" crackers... or you can use the store brand like me
-Poppy Seeds (I forgot them in the big ingredient picture)

Mix chicken, soups, and sour cream in a large bowl.
Add poppy seeds to taste... I think I did about 2 tablespoons
Place in a container or ziploc bag and freeze

To cook:
Thaw the chicken mixture in the refrigerator all day
Crumble the crackers and spread on the top... you can also melt 1tbsp of butter and pour over the crackers
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes

This is a favorite from our college days... serve it over rice... so good and easy!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment