I decided that this month I'm going to do a theme again... this is going to be "Freezable February"... all of these recipes are freezer friendly. I have made them for Patrick over the last few months... I don't have a final picture... because I didn't actually cook them... I put them together then froze...
Chicken and Wild Rice Bake
-Adapted from About.com
-3 cups cooked wild rice
-3 cups chopped cooked chicken
-16oz pkg frozen French cut green beans
-17oz jar Alfredo sauce
-1/2 cup bread crumbs
Freezer Directions:
Undercook rice by 10 minutes. Do not thaw green beans.
Mix all ingredients and place in baking dish. Wrap well and attach a small bag of bread crumbs.
Freeze for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to cook it: thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Uncover, sprinkle with bread-crumbs, bake at 350 degrees for 50-65 minutes until bubbly.
*When I froze mine I divided it into 3 disposal bread pans... that way there were 2 servings in each dish.*
If you don't want to freeze it...
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix rice, chicken, green beans (thawed), and Alfredo sauce in a large bowl. Plane in a 12x8 casserole dish. Sprinkle with bread-crumbs.
Cook 45-50 minutes until casserole is bubbly.






No comments:
Post a Comment