Friday, February 19, 2010

Chicken Biscuit Casserole

Not much to say about this one... I have had a crazy week, and the Olympics are on... so I wish I had some of this in the freezer...

Chicken - Biscuit Casserole
-3c. chicken, cooked and chopped
-3c. chicken broth
-4 carrots, peeled and sliced
-1 onion, diced
-4 celery stalks, chopped
-8oz fresh mushrooms
-2 cloves garlic, sliced
-1c peas, frozen or canned
-3T cornstarch
-1/3 cup cold water
-10 biscuits

Bring chicken broth to a boil; add carrots, onion, celery, mushrooms and garlic... simmer about 10 mins.

Add chicken, and peas... simmer 5 more mins.

Mix cornstarch with cold water in measuring cup... add slowly until chicken mixture has the consistency of gravy.  Remove from heat, cool.

To freeze: Pour into a dish... cover with foil... and freeze.

To prepare: Thaw casserole.  Cook at 400 degrees for 25 minutes... place uncooked biscuits on the top of the casserole.  Return it to the oven and cook 20 to 25 minutes.

*Note... you can use homemade biscuits or the kind from the can or freezer

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment