This is another one of my mom's recipes... she has so many great ones! This is a creamy soup... not like your typical chicken tortilla. It is so easy and yummy (I feel like I say this every week!) I have made it lots of times... and to be honest, this is one of those that gets better with time... so don't be afraid of making a big pot!
Mexicali Chicken Soup
Ingredients:
-1lb chicken breast, diced
-1 can chicken broth
-Small onion, diced
-1 can (26 oz, the big family size) cream of mushroom soup
-1 can (26 oz, the big family size) cream of chicken soup
-1 cup milk
-1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies)
-4 flour tortillas, cut into noodle size pieces (I usually use a couple more)
Cook the diced chicken and onions in broth, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
Add the cream of soups and milk.
Bring to a slow boil... while you are waiting for it to boil cut the tortillas into strips (I use a pizza cutter)
Lower to a simmer for 15-20 minutes (add the tortillas while you are simmering)- simmer until soup thickens
There's one more Friday in "Souper January"... not sure what I am going to make... if you have any suggestions let me know.. I love to try new things!






No comments:
Post a Comment