Friday, January 1, 2010

Foodie Friday: Taco Soup

Happy New Year!  I decided, when I stepped outside yesterday and I was hit in the face by a rush of cold air, that I needed to make soup!  Along with that decision I thought it would be fun to have a "Souper" January on my blog.  So on each Foodie Friday for the rest of January I will feature a soup recipe.  There's just something about a bowl of soup... I think somehow it warms the soul!

This soup is from my dear friend Little B... and it is YUMMY!!!

Taco Soup

-1lb ground beef (or she uses turkey)
-1 medium onion, diced
-2 large cans diced tomatoes
-1 can tomatos and green chilies
-1 can yellow corn, drained
-1 can black beans, drained
-1 can pinto beans, drained
-1 pkg taco seasoning
-1 pkg Ranch dressing powder

Brown the meat and onion.  Drain.
Dump the other ingredients into your Crock Pot, add the browned meat.  Stir.
Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or until warmed through.
Serve with sour cream, cheese, and tortilla chips... or whatever you want.  I made some Chili's Salsa and ate that with my soup... a warm Mexican feast!


*You can make this on the stovetop if you don't have time for the Crock Pot.  Just put everything in a large pot and cook on low until warmed through... stirring frequently.*
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elizabeth! I work with your mother at Corley. She introduced me to your blog for the recipes! You've got some great ones! I was wondering though...how did you get the "about" and "followers" and "favorites" to show up in your blog. I found the labels, but I don't know how to add them! :) Thanks so much and take care!

    ReplyDelete